Sunday, October 10, 2010

Whew...

It's been a very interesting past couple of months.

As most of you know... my hubby won his election in June, and in July, he took office in his new position as BA of his Union.  With that position, came a new company car, (no more work truck :( and a WHOLE lot of traveling to training seminars.  Lot's of training.  In the past five weeks, he's been to Denver, Washington DC, Reno, San Diego and Arizona.  He's been home a total of 12 days in those past five weeks.  I know... most of you women out there are saying things like... "Oh, poor Sandra...all alone without her hubby... yada, yada, yada..."... But frankly my dears...after 18 years of marriage, his being gone was GREAT!!!... Don't read anything into it that shouldn't be, I wasn't mad at him, and we aren't on the verge of divorce... I'm just an extremely independent person, and having the bed all to myself, and not having to be home on time and not having to do this or that... WAS SOOOO NICE....

He is back now.  The next trip he takes is to Hawaii, and I am going with him on that one... no if's and's or but's about it.

Football is in full swing, and our team has been riddled with injury after injury.  We can't understand it.  I have NEVER seen this many kids get hurt each week.  We  have 14 kids on the DL and we only have 40 players... for both JV and Varsity... so 14 is significant... (We are a small, private school).  BUT... we are having fun, and our coach is AWESOME!!!

I'm having a great time feeding the team.  Each week, my Mom and I, with the help of a host of other Mama's from the team, prepare gourmet, 4 course meals for the entire team and coaches.  No fast food, or restaurant stuff here... just good, old fashioned, homemade grub.  This week is Pasta and Meatballs, garlic bread, roasted veggies, salad, fruit and dessert.  Good stuff...

Alex is in football too.  He's the Quarterback on his Jr. High team.  They don't win much, but he makes at least 2 touchdowns a week.  Next year, all my boys will be at the same school, and two will be on the High School Team together... such fun!!!!

I love teaching more and more each day.  I have learned so much from my time teaching. Next semester will be my proving grounds.

Well... I'm tired... I'm gonna watch The Amazing Race and fall asleep...G'night.

1 comment:

  1. I've been married 30 years. I love my hubs dearly too, but I totally can related to that first paragraph of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.