Wednesday, October 21, 2009

MamaKat's Writer's Workshop 10-22-09

This weeks prompt was...
Describe what makes you want to live a life with passion.
Wow!
Can I really sink my teeth into this one...
***
First, let me say how incredibly blessed I feel to have been afforded the privilege of being a stay at home Mama for the last 16 years. I feel/felt like when I had my kids... that was my true calling... to be their Mother, as good a Mother as I could, and that would fill me up.
I was right... it worked... for about 15 years... until I turned 40.
Now... still a Mama, but the certainty that my baby birds are starting to spread their proverbial wings and want to start heading out into the cold cruel (geez, how many more cliches can I fit into this post...)world... I have once again begun to think of ... me.
***
I'm not knocking the Mama's that want nothing more than to be someone's Mama for the rest of their lives, and be satisfied with that... who am I to judge...
But for me... in this season of my life... I'm ready for MORE!
***
Prior to being someone's Mama, I had lots of ideas... passions...
I wanted to travel the world...
I wanted to own my own business...
I wanted to be on TV...
I wanted to be "discovered"...
I wanted to dance... for a living... and NOT on a pole, people... get yo mind out the gutters!
My biggest dream? Truly? The one that gets me all giddy inside?
The one that I think about when I have a minute to spare... and life seems tedious and one day just bleeds into the next?...
It's this... Me... and a stage... and a stadium of people chanting my name... waiting for me to come out and entertain them... somehow...
See... the "somehow" part is the part I'm stuck on...
***
I can't sing... at all...its really bad... think American Idol... the auditions bad...
No one in their right mind would want to see me dance anymore... sheesh...
I can be funny sometimes... but not for a whole set or two hours in a row... even I would get annoyed with myself...
I can't play any instruments...
and I'm not a preacher...
So... you see...I got nothing but the chanting my name part...
But wait... this was supposed to be about "Living a life with passion"...
So yeah...
Passion.
Everyone needs to get some.
Anything done with a passion just has to turn out well... ya know?
Well.. not ANY thing... but you know what I mean.
***
I have lots of new passions...
Cooking
Writing
Crotcheting
Knitting
Catering
and
Sales of all kinds... I really love that line of work...
***
My kids are still my passions... I want/need/have to see them succeed (whatever that looks like for them). They are men... the world is literally their oyster, and I want them to have every opportunity to live their lives with a passion, and to follow their passions (Please God, don't let the passions wear a mini skirt and lead them around by their noses...). I certainly hope they have more lofty ideas about their lives than to just be married and have kids... I hope they have big dreams and even bigger accomplishments of those dreams... I hope marriage is a long way off for them... I want them to LIVE first... like I did. No regrets...
***
I've sent in tapes to The Next Food Network Star twice in the past... and am going to do it again this year...
I'm going to continue to write my novel and my cookbook, and get them done.
I'm actively pursuing opening a restaurant, I know what I want to do, how I want it to look, and what I will make and sell... I just need the space...
I want to write a column in our local newspaper...
All of these things are on my radar... at the same time.
To me... living a life with passion means doing exactly what you WANT to be doing... with a joy and sense of accomplishment that can only come from pursuing one's passion.
***
What's your passion?
What does it look like to you?

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see where your passions take you-
    My passion is my kids right now-not my laundry (but it should be-)and not the dishes (those are still in the sink...)
    I will get around to figuring out what my passions are in a few years when it is not so crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some fabulous goals! Hope they come true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pole dancing is NOT where it's at?? Dang.

    You sound busy...and like you have SO much motivating you. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.