I don't normally post things like I am going to write...
I can't believe it is 2010... and I felt compelled to write about this subject...
Know this before you read this...
I voted for Obama... and I would do it again.
I am happy about this HealthCare Bill. Something had to be done for all the families I know that have children that can't get healthcare because their father's lost their jobs, and the kids have pre existing conditions and can't get insured to get their medicine.
I don't pretend to know all the in's and out's of what this Bill will do for/to our country... but I feel like GIVING something to someone isn't a bad thing... TAKING from them is...
I state again... I don't pretend to know EVERYTHING it entails...
For all I know... it could be the worst thing to happen since the Holocaust... at least that's what everyone is making it seem like.
That being said... before you pass judgment on me... for being a baby killing leftist...
1. I am against abortion... and I am a Democrat...
2. I come from a UNION household my whole childhood, and I now live in UNION household now... and I've been a Stay at Home Mom for 16 years, thanks to Union wages, compensation packages, healthcare packages, and forthcoming retirement packages.
3. I believe that no one should assume what kind of a person I am, just because of my political affiliation.
4. Just because I vote Dem... doesn't mean I agree with everything Dem... I actually agree with some Republican views also... I am able to see both sides of a coin... and I don't have to shout hatred and one sided views and epithets at people, or post my views daily.
5. You may not agree with me completely... but it doesn't change WHO I am. My political affiliation is only a very, very, very small aspect of who I am... what I believe, and has NOTHING to do with my FAITH IN GOD.
6. oH YEAH... I am a Democrat... and I am a Christian... bet that just pisses you off... huh?
I believe how I vote HAS NOTHING to do with my faith... sorry... it's just how I feel. I know you may feel differently.. and that's okay too.
Why am I posting all of this?
Because I just watched the news... and was disgusted that BLOGGERS are sending out addresses and directions to Congressman's homes that voted for the Healthcare Bill. Death threats are being made... IT IS RIDICULOUS!!! What has all of this come to?
I am embarrassed for the bloggers... and DO NOT EVER condone threatening people, any people, even people who believe the POLAR OPPOSITE of my views.
I, am not my voting party. I am a person... who loves God, and tries to live a good, upstanding life. I want the best for my kids, just like everyone else.
I don't judge other people for spewing their beliefs all over the place, and don't ever comment against other peoples beliefs. I take my views to the polls, and put my opinion in writing, in my cubicle.
To each his own. Live and let live. I have a choice on how I act and react to things.
Threatening people and posting their personal information and saying they need to die, is just wrong... in all forms... it is wrong...
I know... that my "followers" will drop... because I am a horrible, left wing, baby killing Democrat (I've actually been called that at a polling place before)
But know this... you liked me when you didn't know my stance on politics... what's changed?
Can't we agree to disagree?
I have LOTS of Republican friends... and we are able to talk, and debate, and laugh, and still love each other... and it sickens me that some bloggers can't be that way... that they are so blinded by their politics that they can't see EVERYONE has validity in their beliefs... and NO ONE is right... about everything. ***
I think it's a sad state of affairs when people blog and post families addresses and ask their readers to go to those houses and send a 'message'.
It's bad form.
It needs to stop... before kids get the same ideas in their heads, and start doing it more often to someone that 'makes them mad".