I have waaaaay more gray hair than I did three days ago... I'm breaking out... and it takes me about 3 hours to calm the shakes and skipping heart beats after being in the car with a 16 year old driver... who knows EVERYTHING by the way... ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT DRIVING!!!
Today... we got to get up close and personal with a PT Cruiser... Did you know they have fine line pin striping? Who knew! I've never really gotten close enough to see in person... UNTIL TODAY!!! We almost changed lanes right into one, and I noticed the pin striping FROM MY WINDOW... that's how close we got... ain't life grand?
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the inventors of the following items...
- Seat Belts
- turn signals (when used... they are AWESOME)
- side view mirrors
- blind spot eliminator mirrors (Again... when used... FANTASTIC)
- BRAKES... (if only his foot would PRESS DOWN)
- BIG CARS AND TRUCKS... (I know... I'm not saving the planet or anything... but I need him safe... especially the way he is driving right now...)
- Tylenol (for headaches)
- Valium/Xanax/whiskey (I've never taken it before... but I may have to call my Dr. for scrip soon)
I know he'll get the hang of it... I know he'll get better... and I know I can't be crazy in the car and yelling and scared all the time... I know this...
But when YOUR LIFE whishes before your eyes EVERY 2 MINUTES... it's hard not to get antsy!!!
Right now... he has to drive with an adult 25 or older... but what is gonna happen when he gets his license and drives alone!!! I'm gonna be a wreck! I need to find a hobby...
Maybe I'll start applying to do a bunch of new drug company trials for a few bucks a pop... then I'll be so looped up I won't know which way it up! There's one way to cope...
Oy vay... why can't he be 4 years old again? Why?