Monday, February 15, 2010

Fireplace part 2

Fireplace building update!!!
Our old firepit... great while we had it... but it's time for an upgrade...
My boys poured the entire concrete base all by themselves...
Time to stack some brick!!! Alex is stand on our old fire pit...
I wanted the seat all around the fireplace to have my personal style... so I bought a huge concrete stamp, and grapes are my thing... so that's what we stamped! We will be stamping the floor of the area with this stamp also... Then... when it's dry, I'll go back with some concrete stain, and water color in the leaves and grapes a bit... then seal it...
First layer done! See the stamp? The fireplace is going to be "see through" to the other side... so adults can sit and chat on one side, and the teens can sit and chat on the other... while sharing the same space!!!
The two side flanks will house a refrigerator on one side, and a wood hole on the other...

2 comments:

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.