Thursday, October 30, 2008

Big night out of a 1950's Champagne Flute in 2008

This weeks Mama Kat's Writing Prompts are...
***
1. Write from the point of view of a glass at the edge of the table.
2.) Describe a typical day during your Jr. High years.
3.) Why do you write?
4.) When I'm around too much negativity I...
5.) You've been hired as a writer for "Late Show with David Letterman." Your first assignment is to come up with a witty, nonpolitical Top Ten list for him to read on air.
***
So, I have chosen number 1 and 3. The others look like fun, but I have a dinner party tomorrow night with our City Manager and my neighbors to "discuss" the horrible neighbors on the corner... so I will write what I know I can fit in.
Here goes...
***
Glass perched on edge of table in a Las Vegas Hotel Bar...
***
Wow... I got to come out tonight! I'm so excited!
No one ever asks for Champagne glasses anymore.
It's always FLUTES! Those stupid flutes!
Don't they know I have been around for years and the stupid champagne tastes exactly the same?? I would know! The stuff has been poured into me!
I laugh when I see people trying to drink from a flute. They have to tilt their heads back, or the rim hits their humongous noses!! HA! That'll show ya!!
At least with me, you can sip daintily if you're are a woman, and gulp it down if you're a man.
Oh Look at THAT! What an outfit she has on!
They must be here for a wedding. My, My, My. That is quite a get up. I must have been up on that shelf a long time.
Since when did NOT wearing panties become the 'in' thing? Oh... wait a minute... what is that "T" thing on her butt!
That CAN'T BE underwear! Yikes... it is! I think! That can't be comfy.
Wow... times sure have changed.
*** Yeah!
Someone hit a jackpot!
I wonder where the woman that ordered me went. I'm still half full.
My bubbles are almost gone.
Ewwww gross! Hey buddy! Do I LOOK like an ASHTRAY?
Really!
Crap!
Now she'll order another, and I'll be washed and put away, and who knows when the next time I can come out will be!
Oh great! Just what I needed! A cigarette butt AND someone's chewing tobacco spit.
Nice! Just what I've always dreamed of!
What a night!
Maybe it'd be better if....
What is that! Oh no! No! Hey dude! Don't do it! No matter how much money they offer you!
No!
Oh no, don't chant! Not the chant!
(in the bar, loud boisterous chants of DRINK, DRINK, DRINK)
He is so drunk! That poor stupid soul!
These people are your FRIENDS???
Oh! Put me back in the shelf! Please! Someone come and resc....
(GULP!) (BURP)
(OOOOOHHHHHHHH! DUDE! YOU DIDN'T)
(YOU THE MAN! YOU THE &*(0#$#@ MAN!)
Oh, yes he did.
Please... won't someone put me away now?
I've had enough.
It's loud, people are rude, and women and men look the same now!
I can't tell the difference!
Is that a dog in a PURSE?
Ugh, I'm gonna be sick.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Why do I write?
*********
For my sanity.
Because people tell me I'm good at it.
Because it helps me work out my problems and anger issues.
Because it is my perfect form of expression.
Words excite me.
Words are forever.
Written, spoken, sung, painted, etched, drawn in sand. All forms are wonderful.
It is a great way to show love.
You can go back and read it over and over and over again.
It is the purest form of giving of onesself.
It's entertaining.
There is a responsibility to be very careful with the words you choose when writing.
It just plain makes me happy.
A day without writing... is a day I don't want to experience.
***

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that was awesome! And I'm glad that you write and share it with all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome post. The glass one is hilarious and I love your reasons for writing. You are an over-achiever like me, I did to prompts too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post - I was laughing at and cringing for your poor little champagne glass!!

    Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great post!
    I am glad I found you
    out here in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous read!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Vegas glass scene! I love Vegas and it was super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Love the champagne glass scene :) too funny!!
    And awesome sentiments about writing, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too Funny!!! Sounds like every night at a typical bar around here. And what great reasons to write!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely relate to the reasons in which you write!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! So creative! (And unfortch, so very Vegas!!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ewwww. And the sad thing is stupid drunk guys TOTALLY do stuff like that. Dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My! It made me feel for the glass... I was wondering what would happen! YAY
    That was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your post about writing was great. I'm constantly amazed by the wealth of talented writers who blog... obviously you rank right up there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Just popping in again to let you know I left an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.