Friday, October 3, 2008

Thursday stuff

I have apparently become quite the joiner these days.
I joined the Booster Club at Will's High School a few months ago and am helping raise funds with a Golf Tournament, a banner a program and a Walk a Thon... and tonight, on the baseball board I am on, I decided to take over the dreaded Snack Bar.
I. AM. Stupid!
I just have to keep repeating to myself... It's only for 3 months (the snack bar thing).
It's only for 3 months!
***
Today was Will's JV football game. They lost, but it was such fun!
Will played offense AND defense.
I made homemade pizza and he woolfed it down in 30 seconds after the game.
Three hours of work diminished in half a minute.
***
I got a call today from a Sargeant at our police department. I wasn't home to answer the phone, but I got the message tonight, and can't figure out what he could possibly want.
He said he got a message to call me.
I'm clueless.
Maybe they want me to testify against the idiots down the street!
Hey, that would be nothing but fun!
The very first thing I would say is "Throw the book at 'em!" Whatever that means.
***
My dogs have finally both healed well. Daisy is a little dog that THINKS she is a Doberman Pinscher! She is tough though! My cable man came over last week, and she nearly bit his ankle off!
***
Well, I lead a very boring life. Not much else to tell. It's late, I can't sleep and this hasn't made me tired either.
Maybe tomorrow I'll do something exciting and post it! What could it be... hmmmm.
***
Everyone seems to be posting things they are Thankful for on Thursdays.
So I'll bite. I've been tagged 5 times already. So here goes, in no particular order.
***
1. I am thankful for healthy kids. Every week I see a poor woman pushing her lovely Cerebral Palsy daughter all over the football games, and it gives me pause to say a little thank you to God for my healthy kids.
***
2. I am thankful for Zicam. That stuff is MIRACLE! A TRUE MIRACLE! I took it at the veery first sign of a cold, 4 times a day, at my cold lasted only 3 days, and I am all well.
***
3. I am thankful for Bill's job. He has blessed me with being a stay at home Mama for 14 1/2 years now and been able to pay for three private school tuitions for the past 10 years and take us on 3 vacations per year, and even though times are tough everywhere, he still wants me to be home and not work so I can be here for my men. He retires in 7 years, and then we will do something we love, together and make money at it. Not one day goes by where I don't Thank God for the blessings. I will never take it for granted.
***
4. My whole house fan. Truly one of the best inventions ever created! Why every single house in America doesn't come with one standard, is beyond me. It is AWESOME!
Okay... done. That was exhausting.
I'm tired now.
Going to bed... to bed I said!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we live so far from my daughter's school, otherwise I would probably be involved in a bunch of after school stuff too!
    So glad to hear your dogs are on the mend. We have a little mini wiener dog who bosses around the black lab, and everyone else... she thinks she's a big dog! :)
    BTW: I left an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is full of blessings. It's so wonderful that you are able to recognize them!

    7 years away! How exciting. I'll have to hear about those plans. Good for you guys!

    Snack bar?!?!?!?!? Okay, you've officially lost it Saundra!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.