Monday, October 27, 2008

Where have I been? Nowhere!

I haven't posted in two days?
Where the heck have I been?
Oh yeah... doing shows.
One Friday and one Sunday.
Both were fun and lucrative.
***
I was supposed to work the Homecoming Dance on Saturday night, but they called at the last minute and said I wasn't needed. I didn't want or need to be reminded all evening that I am A.) No longer young, and B) No longer have boobs that point due west. So I was glad they cancelled me.
I have noticed, these days, girls don't dress up for dances anymore. They all kinda look like hookers now. And not good ones! Trashy ones!
Remember shopping with Mom for the lovely long or tea length gowns at the all the stores?
I mean, I'm not THAT old, but even in the mid 80's when I was in High School, we pulled out all the stops for the two major dances, Homecoming and Prom!
Nowadays, girls want lingerie as dresses, and 5 inch stiletto heels and wwaaayyy too much makeup. The kicker? Their Mama's let 'em!
I saw a girl on Saturday night, at a restaurant, wearing a dress so short, that when she sat down at her table, it looked like she was only wearing a slinky silk negligee, and no undies.
Her date, was decked out in a tux.
She was lovely, but it was sad that she was maybe 16 and looked more like 30.
She'll learn.
***
Bill and the boys put up a brand new fence between our left neighbor and us. It fell over and was demolished in our last wind storm.
So it's all shiny and new now. Tijuana, what we called our side yard before the clean up, is now looking a little bit more White Trash Chic now. Not as messy as before. We're movin' on up!
***
Did I tell you my Mama sold 6 scarves in 5 minutes at her beauty shop? So excited!
I have prepaid orders for 4 more!
I have got to take that picture. I keep forgetting, and my house is so dark, I never seem to get the right light.
Okay, I'm off to get ready for Alex's soccer game tonight.
Hope we win!

1 comment:

  1. Did ya win the game?
    I hope so!

    I agree that girls wear trashy clothes these days... its cool if you are 25 and going to a club, but not for a high school dance.

    Also, I would love to see a picture of your "wares"... scarves that is! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.