MamaKat's Writers Workshop!
Come play! It's the best!
1. If I gave you $400 dollars today, what is ONE thing you would spend it on and why.
2. What are your kids talking about?
3.Tell us about a local news story that's all the buzz right now.
4. Share some blogging advice.
5. Tell us about the time at the playground when that thing happened.
1. I would have to spend the $400 on new shoes for the boys. I am actually gonna have to do it whether MamaKat gives me the $400 bucks or not. These kids KILL me in shoes! KILL ME! They need new shoes every 3 months, like clockwork!
THEIR TOES ACTUALLY GROW OUT OF THE SHOES!
It's the weirdest thing!
For William, we don't even call them shoes anymore... we call them CANOES!
You can literally take a vacation on one of those shoes! They are huge!
I have tried the uber expensive $200 shoes, the ultra cheap shoes, the made of elephant skin shoes (not really), rubber shoes, leather shoes, pleather shoes, EVERYTHING!
It doesn't matter. All the shoes end up holey, blown out messes.
I have tried buying them 3 pairs a piece, to even out the wear... nope... doesn't work.
So, before next week, when Spring Break is over, they will all need new shoes AGAIN!
We just bought some in January!
2.WHAT ARE MY KIDS TALKING ABOUT?
What else would three boys talk about... baseball and GIRLS!
3. Local news story? I don't watch the news at all. But what I read of the news... our economy is still in the toilet, a young Angels player met an untimely, horrific death, (very, very sad... he was 22)
and our local school district named our new High School a stupid name that needs to get changed... but I am focusing more on getting the drug dealers off my street, I care about the name change, but I care about my kids living in a drug free neighborhood, and being able to walk to the park without having 40 yr old Mom's yell obscenities to me and my kids, while she is high... much, much, much more. Just because you live in a lovely community, doesn't mean drugs don't exist... it just means they can afford more of them.
4. Blogging advice... hmmm... hate word veri, and I don't like it when people have cuss words in their titles.
Because then that cuss word ends up on my blog roll, and I try not to have that on my pages.
In the text of their post is fine... if that floats their boat...but the title should at least stay neutral.
My playground story is way too long.
Now if I'd been asked about Snack Bar Stories... THAT'S an entirely different thing!
More on that on Friday! Sheesh... there are some doozies!