Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our fishing trip...

Took my men fishing today.
Daddy, of course, was at work making the dough, and since I had to cancel our camping trip to this exact place, the least I could do was take them fishing there... so I did.
We have this lovely camping timeshare nestled 3200 ft up into our local mountains, complete with every amenity... heated pools, 3 lakes, paddle boats, hiking trails, arcades, restaurants, mini golf, laundry, hookups, cabins and of course, RV camping... too.
It only takes us 20 minutes or so to get there... and it's JUST enough of a getaway too help us feel refreshed...
So after the requisite picture taking...

and saying "Cheese"...


I let them go have a ball.

Okay, I snuck some shots in...

And they fished... and fished.... and waiting... and waited...

And waited...

and waited...

Until FINALLY... SUCCESS!

a HUGE 3 lbs Rainbow Trout!
That sucker cost us... about $40 bucks when you add in the gas, permits, gutting... etc...
but you know what?
Who cares... really...
We were together...
They had fun, I got some sun...
All was well...

So we are on our way home, and Alex asks me about when my Dad would take me up there to wade in the creek.  It's one of my favorite childhood memories with my Pops.  He asks... "Hey Mom, is the creek really cold? is it clean?... sooooo
I pulled over, and let them see and feel for themselves!
When I was a kid, you could drink right out of the creek and it was so crisp and clean... it was like healing water... no to much anymore...
He doesn't look almost 16... does he?

Across the creek, is the side of one of our beautiful San Bernardino Mountains... made of this, gorgeous rock and shale... always shifting with each earthquake....
I love this creek.
There is one park of it, at the top, by a lovely waterfall, that is COVERED in raspberry bushes...
I used to pick and eat to my hearts content when I was young...
It was a good day...
A very good day...
That smile proves it!

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post showing your boys having a great time--except for the boring waiting part. I love that you let them check out that creek along the way. This was a very good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mom you are-I do not fish with my boys, or without them...They should have a mom like you!!!! (However, I am the one that keeps little boys from falling in while my husband baits the hooks and such-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What absolutely great pictures! You made some good memories on this day!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.