Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday Prep... More cooking...

So, yesterday... was my prep day for the week...
I made a bunch of my Bella Sera Balsamic Bliss salad dressing  (AKA "Salad Crack" named by my friend Andrea) so we can have salads at the ready this week for dinners...

And I cut up a bunch of veggies, peppers, onions, zucchini etc... for quick stirfries.  It's so nice to get all the time consuming partS of cooking over with in one fell swoop, instead of piece mealing it all week long.
It seems like so much less work... and it is less!

Made a bunch of biscotti... but healthy... no egg yolks, raw nuts, flax seed meal, good, grainy flour...
These are an old picture... but I made Lemon Cranberry and Espresso, chocolate Almond last night...
NO ONE suspects they are healthy... everyone says they taste sinful... so that's good.

Also made a bunch of healthy meatballs... I LOVE this pan... it suspends the meatballs 3 inches above the pan, so all the fat drips down and doesn't sit in a pool of fat...
I added shaved carrots, green onions, organic, non RBST beef, grass fed only... so there was MAYBE three drips on the whole pan...

Then I made a huge batch of pasta sauce...
washed and dried 10 heads of artisan lettuce and packaged them in Lock n Lock,
four batches of bread dough...


And now... I'm done for the week.
I just need to pull what I need out of the fridge, heat it up, and maybe make a little pasta or bread...

PREP...
I LOVE IT!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the meatball rack!!! We always bake ours too, but I hate that they sit in the fat! If you don't mind me asking, is it a cooling rack or another type? If it's another type, I'd love to know where you got it... I'll add it to my Mother's Day list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. QVC... my addiction... it's the Meatball Pan in search... IT'S ON SALE FOR 13.00 RIGHT NOW on clearance...

    Go get two... I have two and I am sooo glad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would these pans be good for convection oven?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday is my prep day to in a way. We buy a medium pizza and I have leftovers on Monday and Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.