Monday, April 19, 2010

Progress and prep...

The backside of the new Fireplace.  All that wood is for the forming of the area around it so cement can be poured.  Bye, Bye beach sand...

This is the stamp we used ALL over the fireplace.  Next... I need to buy a cement stain, and some cement water colors to faintly color in the grapevines, and to give the cement coating some character.  It's pretty gray right now...

So while the fireplace was getting worked on... I went about my Prep for the week...
So I made all the bread for sandwiches...

And all the bread for breakfast for the week... just slice and toast...  this is Raisin/Cranberry cinnamon bagel bread.  It's FULL of flax seed, whole wheat flour, no yeast, just my starter, yogurt and other yummy things...

And I made another batch of Butternut/Corn/Pea Slurry.... I thinned this down with some homemade stock...
it's in the fridge waiting for dinner bowls...

Then I sliced all my onions for the week, bbq'd all the chicken, made a 2 bean chili soup, made a mayo free coleslaw (yum) recipe will be here soon, and made 4 batches of dough...
I'm pooped... but I feel ready for the week now.  We have 5 baseball games in 4 different cities and dinner's need to be healthy, ready, and on the fly... so preparation is my saviour...

Time to take the kids to school now...
The next two days will be my last two days driving my own car... my oldest will be commandeering the steering wheel from now on...
Has anyone seen my suit of armor, and our crash helmets... and those industrial strength seat belts?
Hey... where's a good tank when you need one!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am exhausted reading all that you are doing, going through!!! The fireplace is coming along so beautifully, and all that food is making me salivate...
    Wear your bike helmet when you drive with your son...and lots of padded clothing?

    God bless-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saundra, I'm curious as to how you keep your bread fresh all week. Whenever I make bread (the cheater way, in a bread machine...sorry) by the next day, it's already starting to seem stale. I'm wondering how you get your bread to last for a week. I assume you don't put any kind of preservative in it (since that would defeat the entire purpose of making your own, right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stamp! How cool!

    I must go eat bread now....

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.