Friday, February 8, 2008

FRIDAY FRENZY!

By now... my loyal 7 readers know how much I love Fridays, and today is even better
because I am not mad at Bill anymore... and ... it's not raining!! So the possibilities seem even more endless than usual!
My sons have stuff they want to do with friends tonight, and it has me a little rattled! I kinda wanna pull my hair and scream..."WHAT! YOU DON'T WANT TO SPEND EVERY WAKING MOMENT WITH ME, YOU DEAR OLD MOM, THAT GAVE BIRTH TO YOU, FED YOU, WALKED THE FLOOR HOLDING YOU WHEN YOU WERE SICK, CHAUFFEUR YOU AROUND, DO HOMEWORK WITH YOU, SHOP FOR YOU AND BASICALLY GIVE UP MY SOCIAL LIFE FOR YOU? YOU WANT TO GO WHERE? WITH WHOM? DOING WHAT? WITHOUT ME????"
But I don't. I just simply say... hmmm, let's see if we can make that happen.
Their school just added 18 clubs to join at school, and I think William joined every single one of them. So tonight he wants to attend the inaurgural Bowling Club Night.
I have been hit up to start a Cooking Class at the school for credit for the Junior and High School students, so I am working on a proposal for that right now too. Should be fun. I know all the kids, and they want me to do it. The best part, so do my sons. They can't wait for me to be on campus. SEE? BRAINWASHING DOES WORK! Everynight, while they are sleeping I whisper in their ears... "Your Mama is cool, your Mama is not to be shunned, it's okay to kiss your Mama's cheek in public, your Mama is cool." over and over and over again. So far so good.
Of course, I also slip in things like... "Don't ever do drugs, no drinking allowed, no smoking, make sure your girlfriends have always been girls, you will stay close to home so I can do you laundry when you go to college, you will not move more than 10 miles from Mama... etc..."
What! I never said I WASN'T a control freak! Anyway!
We are going camping next weekend for the three day weekend. Taking full advantage of the box sitting beside my house. So this weekend will be spent emptying the youngers boys rooms for all new furniture and cabinetry like Will's room. Bill finally has a weekend off. So, of course, I make him work. So sad, but, I don't know how to do it, and if I keep telling him how cute he looks in his tool belt, he will keep working. hee hee. I'll just feed the men and keep them happy.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. See you at the park? See you in cyberspace?
I need to write a syllabus, recipe list, tool list, etc...
Anyone know what the state guidelines for "fire" in a classroom are? I guess we'll find out soon enough, huh? I sure hope they knock a couple of bucks off of tuition for us when I do the class... that would be really nice. William is in High School next year... yikes.
Ciao Bellas!
Buona Sera!

6 comments:

  1. Fire, smire, I'm sure it will be fine. Especiallly since they'll probably require a million dollar umbrella policy for your services. Oh wait, that's UC's rule.

    Maybe you can get them to sign a waiver instead of you!

    Pardon the sarcasm, it's been a pretty full week of navigating and interpreting the most obvious of policies and fighting those holding the purse strings that try to tell me I've been wrong for the last 16 years. Had to pull in the big guns to say the same thing I did. I love my job, I love my job. Oh wait, this is about you.

    Okay, GO, DO and have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Kathy!
    A waiver... yeah!!! That'll do it!

    You tell em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool. You will be so good at it too. By the way thank you so much for the sign. I am trying to find a special place for it and when I do I will post it on my blog and brag a little bit about you too. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Letti,
    You so deserve it. I was hoping you didn't already have one yet. I bought one for myself too! I might paint mine purple... I'm not sure.
    How about above your awesome name plates? Or you could attach cute little cup hooks to the bottom and use some lovely ribbon and attach a picture of each of you at the end of the ribbon? Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea Saundra. Maybe I will paint mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI THIS IS A TEST MAXINE

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.