Tuesday, July 7, 2009

All Star Game 1...William

Holy Cow!!!
Well... we went to the game... got there early, scoped out a great spot...
The weather was really, really nice...
We started play at 8 p.m. ish... more like 8:30, and the first inning TOOK FOREVER!
Heck... the first HALF of the inning took FOREVER!
The other team had first ups, and they whacked that ball so much they scored 7 RUNS!!!
Before we even got our first chance at bat!!!
I felt sooo badly for our pitcher.
They pulled him out and put in my William.
He did pretty well.
The other team scored something like 14 runs total, and we had 2. William hit the first run in.
Yeah... it wasn't looking very good for our team...
then...
something changed...
I don't know what it was...it was the 4th inning, almost 2 hours had passed... and we started
scoring runs! Their pitcher walked 3 of us in a row... then they switched pitchers again...
and we started SMACKING the ball.
Unfortunately... they pulled William out of the game... I don't know why... I didn't ask...
THEN...
THEN...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
THE OUTFIELD SPRINKLERS came on...
Then the INFIELD sprinklers...
They called the players out of the water... a dude scrambled to get the water turned off...
THEN ALL THE LIGHTS WENT OUT!!!
It was Little League curfew time...
We all had a good laugh.
Needless to say...
we didn't get to finish our 7 innings... we had to stop at the top of the 5th. The score somehow became 16-10... I dont' know where the other two runs of theirs came from...
Soooo... tomorrow... we get to continue our game at 5:30 p.m., in the heat... but at least it will be light outside and dry!!! LOL!
I felt so badly for the board members trying to get those sprinkler turned off.
I know how it is... with so much to do... to forget something...
But you should have heard the President of their league on her cell phone...
yelling at someone up one side and down the other about what happened...
She was letting someone have it!!!
***
It's not over until it's over...
It was a very, very interesting night.
***
I'm going to bed.. no Trainwreck TV tonight...
Wish us luck and skill for tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.