Monday, December 15, 2008

I dreamed of a Wii...

This is too much... I had to tell you about it.
My kids are NEVER allowed to watch TV during the week when school is in session. Ever.
On weekends, they can watch a little, sporadically, if the weather is inclement.
I kick them outside or we are at games of some sort anyway...
***
Well, since getting the dreaded Wii...
The boys bounded in the car today, all happy and motivated to do anything and everything
so I would soften up and let them at the gaming console.
They did their ENTIRE HOMEWORK PACKETS FOR THE WEEK...
They CLEANED EVERY INCH OF THE KITCHEN AFTER DINNER...
They FOLDED ALL THE LAUNDRY IN THE BASKETS...
They SHOWERED AND BRUSHED THEIR TEETH AFTER CLEANING THE KITCHEN...
They PICKED ORANGES, WASHED THEM, AND PLACED THEM IN MY FAVORITE BOWL...
They WERE PERFECT ANGELS TONIGHT...
All for the Wii.
***
Yes, I gave in.
How could I not!
You should have seen them...
all shiny and smiling and standing in front of me running down
the list of all the things they did.
It was too funny.
***
So it's 7:15 p.m. my kitchen sparkles, my laundry is done, and I can have an
orange as a snack later.
Life is good...
I soooo love the Wii right now.
So, so much.
We'll see how long it lasts...

13 comments:

  1. He he great post. Yes my dear, parents always need something to use as leverage every now and then. I agree with you about the no TV during the week. Thats the way I was bought up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *smile.
    I love it!!
    btw your sons are very handsome

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love the Wii too!!! hmm thinking would it work at my house...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA They sound like virtual angels! I would so love to borrow them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the Wii for my boys for Christmas....but know I will have to limit their time on it!!!
    Glad that friendly Wii gave you a break!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps I have been missing soomething. I have a Wii and I never use it. It's mostly for the kids and their friends. Maybe I should try it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know they all conspired together to do this, right? Gotta love conspiracies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think santa is bring a Wii to my house. I hope the Wii magic makes its way over here. For some reason I just can't see that happening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't have a wii, but my P works for
    computer games.lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lilly, the great thing is... I never asked them to do that stuff... they just wanted to play so much, they did all by themselves! :)

    Mommy, thank you!

    Mel... it'll work...

    Mimi... borrow away!

    Melissa...who knew!

    Sinner... I don't use it either... but they just got it... and are willing to do ANYTHING TO PLAY IT!

    Kristin... it'll work...

    Kate... mine too!

    Michelle... they sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Too funny! I so need to get one for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, incentive is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I need to get me one of those systems ;-) I would say they earned it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.