Wednesday, December 17, 2008

MamaKat's Writers Workshop

The Prompts:
1.) Write or share a letter to Santa.
2.) Describe a favorite Winter memory.
3.) Last night it snowed buckets and you are forced to spend the entire
day at home with your family...what's the plan!?!
4.) What's the best gift you've ever gotten/given.
5.) Describe a Christmas tradition that you have started with your own family?
***
I just wrote about my Christmas Prank tradition... go down a couple of posts for that one, so I'll skip that one.
I'll write a little about 1 through 4 this time...
***
1. Dear Santa...
Take me with you!!!
Love,
Saundra
***
#2
Favorite Winter Memory ~ I was 17, my family and I went to Toronto Canada to visit family for Christmas... and it was the very first time I had ever seen snow fall. We had been to Canada lots of times before that... but never in the winter. I was AMAZED that there really are intricately cut snowflakes... each one!!! Then a blizzard came and snowed about 8 feet of snow up against my cousins front door.
I wanted out so badly... I just wanted to get home to my 85 degree weather and raise enough money to get my relatives to come to California. It scared the living daylights out of me.
Everything was just ... white!!! and cold.. and ooohhh! confining!
But all was well, someone dug us out, and it was a lovely time for the next two weeks.
But every day it snowed... I was a teensy bit worried I wouldn't be able to get out.
***
#3
If it ever snowed here... I would cry my eyes out... all my citrus trees would die.
If it snowed here... we would be outside taking pictures and playing in it.
If it does snow here, it last all of 1/2 hour... and all the while, I'm in my orchard blanketing my trees and roses. I have a gorgeous hedge of roses out back as I type this... I would hate to lose that.
***
#4
Best gift I've ever gotten??? Probably every gift that totally came out of left field... that I was NEVER expecting. Those are my favorites.
Favorite gift I've given??? Once again... one the recipient was never expecting... those are great.
***
Thanks for playing!!!

12 comments:

  1. Snow's pretty but only if you are on the side of the window that has the log fire and the mulled wine on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from MamaKat's writers workshop posts...

    I love how you got all the prompts and packed so much in. I remember the first time I really saw a snowflake and how intricate they are -- amazing! And you nailed it about the gifts -- the best ones of the ones that you aren't expecting and are just what you wanted but didn't know you even wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was where you are if there is no snow-we are in Michigan, and girl-there is TOO much snow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Kendall from Mama Kat's.

    I grew up with snow but I've sadly never seen more than 4 inches of it. That'll change this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You manage to say so much more than me in much less space! I guess that is why I limit myself to one prompt. Love the image of being snowed in, though. But then how do you beat growing your own orange trees?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cracks me up that you thought you would get stuck because of the snow.

    Growing up in So Cal, the thought of that much snow always made me think of the Little House series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol, you just wanted to raise enough money to move them to Cali...that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!!!

    I am telling him that I know he will have a great day, I know you can do it, but I also know he has already been labeled. Its like they sit and wait and watch for him to do something wrong. It stinks! I have already dropped off the paperwork to have him tested. I have an appt with his doctor too. I will get to the bottom of this come hell or high water....LOL MOM on a mission!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I'd want Santa to take me with him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, Santa Take me with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would freak out if I was snowed in at someone elses house. At least if I was home I'd be comfortable and I could be all over my house finding stuff to do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes, Santa take me with you, It would be the best!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.