Thursday, March 6, 2008

EAR... THE END IS NEAR...

I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
My ear has completely swollen shut, I can't hear out of it, BUT the pain has subsided and I have switched from Vicodin to regular Tylenol for the pain. I'd say that is major improvement.
My Darling Director and friend Gayle graciously drove my kidlets to school for me this morning because I was so dizzy from medication.
She went way out of her way to do it... and didn't even hesitate when I asked her for help.
Thank you Gayle Shoemaker, for being there yet again for an ailing Mama.
I have had many ladies wish me well and sympathize for me, and to them I say thank you too!
Cheri, Letti, Angela, Jamie, Kathy C, My Mama and Gayle, Thank you.
I have learned a lot during this little ordeal.
I learned that I have limits.
I learned I can say no, and the world will not stop turning.
I learned I can tolerate a hell of a lot of pain (what woman can't?)
I learned I can lean on others and it's okay.
I learned why Vicodin is so addictive... That stuff makes EVERYTHING better! Yikes! No wonder it isn't given out freely! I used it sparingly because I heard about it's ways.
I learned I can gross even my boys out! That was great! Turn about is fair play!
I learned that Tylenol with codeine makes you very sleepy.
I learned why the phrase "Never put anything in your ear except your elbow" is such sage advice.
I am on the road to recovery. I can't hear anything out of my left ear, but I hope to be able to soon. Tomorrow is baking day with Angela and I can't wait. I will hopefully feel like I am in the land of the living again!!
Yeah!!!!
Have a wonderful rest of the day.
Ciao bella!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to read you're better. Watch the dizziness!!! Vertigo is awful, so we'll pray this is strictly an acute problem!

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Saundra, just read your blog. Loved it. Yes you are almost 40 and fabulous! The boys sure are handsome devils. Just to to cute. Hope that ear is better, they can be a beothch that is for sure, been there done that. Keep up the good work. Love you and your family, from one Italian Momma to another. God Bless, Momma Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Clara!!!

    I MISS YOU SOOOO!

    EVERYONE! MAMA CLARA KNOWS ALMOST AS MUCH ABOUT ME AS MY OWN MAMA!

    THANK YOU FOR READING MAMA CLARA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I am able to help you and that you are getting better. Now you really can ignore alot of things because you really can't hear.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.