Friday, March 21, 2008

MASTER WORDSMITH... MAYA ANGELOU

I want to leave you for the week, on a high note. This is my most favorite poem of all time.
I'll be back... writing everyday, next week... until then...
Have a wonderful holiday, stay safe, have fun, and I will try to think of you while I am reading a wonderful book, on the edge of the country.
PHENOMENAL WOMAN
by Maya Angelou
Pretty women wonder where my secret lies
I'm not cute or built to suit a model's fashion size
But when I start to tell them
They think I'm telling lies. I say...
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips The stride of my steps
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman Phenomenally Phenomenal woman
That's me. I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please
And to a man The fellows stand or Fall down on their knees
Then they swarm around me
A hive of honey bees.
I say It's the fire in my eyes
And the flash of my teeth
The swing of my waist
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman Phenomenally Phenomenal woman
That's me. Men themselves have wondered What they see in me
They try so much
But they can't touch My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say It's in the arch of my back
The sun of my smile
The ride of my breasts
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman Phenomenally Phenomenal woman
That's me. Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say It's in the click of my heels
The bend of my hair
The palm of my hand
The need for my care.
Cause I'm a woman Phenomenally Phenomenal woman
That's me.

5 comments:

  1. Have fun and I hope the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading about your week's adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be back, rarin to go!

    Bill will be home a lot this week, so maybe I will come home with him for a bit and post... I don't know.

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the beach!! Looking forward to your next post!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.