Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Frenzy... For Real!

The ear is feeling better every day. No more pain meds... at all.
Giving my kidneys a much needed break.
Angela came over this morning and she made loads of Pizzelles and I made this Sweet and Salty Popcorn to sell tomorrow for our Yankee baseball team.
Lots of parents are donating lots of necessities and it is just great. It should be fun tomorrow.
I feel like I haven't actually "been" this week. Like... I was here, but not here. I was taking so much medication and sleeping off the pain during the days that I feel like I lost my entire week. Yesterday was the first day I felt coherent. I was forgetting entire conversations I had had, and answering the phone and not really remembering who it was or that I answered it.
I am a big girl, but medication really affects me. I don't know if it is from never smoking, doing any type of drugs or anything like that, my system just overreacts to even Tylenol. I was was mixing my meds... Antibiotics and pain meds just messed me up!
My house has fallen out of it's "almost always clean" mode, laundry has piled up, dinners weren't made and the boys made their own lunches this week. They were real troopers though. Never once complained, just trudged through and always asked how I was feeling. Such sweet boys to their Mama.
I did overhear Alex, my middle baby, say... "Oh good, Mom's feeling better, maybe we'll have some decent meals now!" Ah priorities!
They complain loudly when I take them anywhere near a drive through. Very rarely we go get fast food as a last resort, but they really don't like it. I have apparently "ruined" my kids for their future wives, as many of my friends tell me. They like their home cooked meals.
I don't cook gourmet, but I like to cook good, wholesome, easy to prepare meals that don't have a lot of processed food in them.
No canned soups, veggies, or canned anything really in my pantry,I use only real cheese, real or frozen veggies, & lots of leafy greens.
I'm thinking of changing my other blog to
"How to cook... every day... and not kill yourself in the process"
Because let's face it... Having to cook every day gets tiring and with work, sports, life... eating out just seems like the best choice... but I am here to tell you it isn't.
Every week, I set aside 2-3 hours to prep everything I will need for the week.
It is a system that works wonders in the kitchen, and I would like to know how many of you would visit a blog that will teach you how to set up a successful kitchen and prep schedule and get great meals on your table with time and taste tested recipes.
Beware though... My kids love ALL vegetables and eat Sushi and lots of out of the ordinary foods, and I can teach you how to get your kids to eat them too if you wish.
Picky eaters are not born that way... they are made.
So let me know if you would read a blog that has TONS OF IDEAS to get lots of different types of meals on the table that EVERYONE will love.
I'm back... with a vengeance.
I am sick of being bogged down with ear pain!!!
I am Mama, hear me yell!
Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm there, checking the other website! Guide me Master Chef!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.