Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

The Oscars are on...
But Hubby is watching... you guessed it.. Nascar...
THE RACE IS 15 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE, in my hometown of Fontana,
and he is glued to the set watching grown men drive stupidly fast and make a quick left for 5 straight hours.
I love the Oscars. I don't see movies very much, and the last one I saw at a theatre was...
27 Dresses...
so, needless to say, I don't know ANY movie that is up for nomination, but I just
ADORE the Oscars.
It all happens less than an hour from my home, and I look forward to it
every year. My husband was stuck in major traffic on Friday, in LA, and he
HATES THE OSCARS because of that.
Hugh Jackman, the gorgeous Meat Cake, is hosting... yummy.
It's been an Aussie and English invasion recently on the Hollywood sets.
I did catch the opening act before the hubster informed me his race was on...
that meant... Saundra, vacate the premises for the testosterone highway.
So... I am here.
Oh yeah.. the Opening act... was FANTASTIC... very inventive, very "appropo" for the times...
budget cuts and all... it was hilarious.
Sofia Loren was in the audience, and lots of oldies but goodies. THAT'S what I love about
the Oscars... the golden oldies showing up and teaching the youngin's what it truly means to
be glamorous without being overtly trashy.
So, my DVR is still recording the show.. and as soon as hubby starts snoring (because we KNOW he will), I'll steal the remote and watch my beloved Oscars.
Every now and again, one needs a little frivolity... hence my like of the Bachelor (which is now my newest witch hunt...ohhhh I am so mad) and the Oscars.
***
On a side note... has anyone seen the commercial about the girl
riding a tandem bike with 3 foot long armpit hair?
Oh. My. Heavens.
What has this world come to!!!
I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw it.
I tried to get a picture of it... but thankfully there aren't any. Just video, and I still can't get video to post...
Oy vay.. toooo gross!
I'm outta here... have a great Sunday Evening!

9 comments:

  1. What......NASCAR? I thought only people in the midwest and south watched NASCAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to watch the Oscars and I just couldn't do it. I ended up turning it off and reading a book. I don't know why it didn't catch my interest this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never watch the Oscars, but no one bothered calling me to tell me who won(they know I don't care) but 2 people did call to tell me about the armpit hair. Priorities! I know lots of young women who do not shave, but no one with length that is braid-ible. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE watching the Oscars!!!! I am glad to know I am not the only one! I love the red carpet, and all the dresses, hair, and jewlery!
    I grabbed my glass of wine, had my hubby put the boys to bed, and holed up in my bed to watch in peace and quiet. I loved it-Hugh Jackman did an amazing job! And I loved how they presented the supporting actor/actress awards and actor/actress awards-very moving, very neat way to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just not a fan of any award shows. I can't make myself sit and watch. I do love to see all of the gorgeous celebs though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your blog and I am now officially stalking you! Its too bad we don't live closer, I so would love to hang out with you. Can't wait to read what you have to say about the Bachelor tonight and next week. BTW love your pictures of the boys, I wish mine would cooperate like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only reason I wanted to watch it was because of Hugh. But, alas, we got busy dinking around outside and I missed most of it. And I hadn't even set my DVR. WAAAA! So I guess we can be miserably unenlightened together. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never watched the Oscars, but reading what you wrote makes me want too!!

    and that commercial never seen it (don't actual have TV) sounds horrible, not sure I wanna see it.. does utube have it??

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.