Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Phone

My phone... but with a white face and pearlized pink back. I couldn't find a picture of it.
The guy told me I was the first person in SB county to own it.
Who know... who cares... I just didn't want black or red.
Well I got a new cell phone today.
I got a really cute Pearlized Pink BlackJack II.
They didn't have it in Purple. Darn it.
I'm not a pink person... but it'll do.
I made the HUGE mistake of adding texting to my son's cell phones along with mine.
There have so many times I could have used it in the last 6 months, but just didn't want to "go there" with texting for them... but I succombed to my own need for convenience.
***
What I SHOULD have done was LIE and told them it only works one way, from me to them, and just not answered their texts... but alas, they are bright and would have figured it out in a heartbeat. It's not like when they were little, and I could tell them any old thing.
You know what I mean.
So I decided to let William know he had texting by.. what else... texting him!
No sooner did I send it, did he reply with an enthusiastic "I luv U!"
Then NINE MORE texts within 2 minutes.
I have apparently created a monster.
***
I was going to get the Iphone... then decided against it.
I don't like going along with the crowd very much.
I don't need all the stuff on it anyway. Even the BlackJack has too much for me.
But at least now I have a headset that works and no longer have to scream at my speakerphone in my car while driving... because God forbid, I have a phone in my hand.
I wonder what our law makers are going to do about all the stupid people READING NEWSPAPERS while driving or PUTTING ON MAKEUP!
I see it almost every single morning on my little freeway commute to Will's school
So much scarier than a dumb little phone.
***
It's 9:15 p.m. and I am going swimming... sans phone this time!
Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I love getting new phones.

    Does your earpiece have an earbud?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, it just sits outside my ear.
    Ear buds gross me out.

    This way, if someone needed to use it... it wouldn't be all... you know... gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that they didn't have purple one. Luke wants a cell phone so he can text his friends, we haven't decided yet.

    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dee Dee, get him one.

    Will has had a phone since he was 11 and Alex got his last year.

    It has saved us lots of frustration, time and worries.

    I make tons of rules for it, and they are adhering to them well.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.