Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Blogaversary to me!

Holy Cow!!!
Yesterday was a holiday for me and I COMPLETELY forgot about it!
YESTERDAY WAS MY BLOGAVERSARY!!!
I've been writing this thing for one whole year!!!
***
It has been a blessed year too! I have "met" so many new friends on this thing we call the blogosphere, that I catch myself in daily conversations saying things like...
"oh, my friend over in India has a cow and..."
or
"I have a friend in Utah with three adorable little men, and she bakes bread "with" me!"
and
"Oh, I have a friend that lives up North and she is an Italian Mama that has had the same experience as me."
I get the weirdest faces when I say these things to "touchable" people... you know... people I can actually touch if I so choose.
People outside the "Blog" persuasion just don't get this whole "blog" thing, and
don't understand the need.
When I do get asked... I usually say something like...
Well... it's like having a pen pal from back in the day...but blogging is like pen palling... on speed!
***
My husband is so on board with this whole blog thing too. He loves that I do it.
He says it's because he knows my passion is the written word, and I have been much
happier since I started this thing. I have more of an outlet now, and he doesn't have to me my sounding board as much anymore... I can vent with "my girls".
He keeps prodding me to write a book... any book.
So... yesterday... I STARTED!
And to think... I started it on the very day I started my blog.
Weird huh?
Letti started me up on the blog last year.
Thank you so much Letti...
If I hadn't been going with you to that Pictionary game,
I don't know what I would be doing right now!
{Ha! My PC Director would say..."You'd be going with me to Leadership...
that's where you'd be..." } But I don't think so.
Blessings come from the strangest places... don't they?
***
So... I hope to spend about 3 hours a day writing,
and will hopefully have it done in about 6 months.
If I can't find a publisher... I will self publish and promote.
My brain hurts!
So...
HAPPY BLOGAVERSARY TO ME!!!
Thank you all who read me for all the comment love, the nice things you say about my men,
and all your sage advice.
Thank you also for not getting all bent outta shape when I have my one of my many
"unsolicited opinion" rants... and for loving me where I'm at.
Here's to many more years of words, love, friendship, and comments...
I really do feel like I know you all...
So I do love ya...
almost as much as I love my luggage.
xxoo

12 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary, I think you would have found out about blogging world somehow. I am just glad I was able to help you find it a little bit sooner. Here's to another year of friends, posts, and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary! Mine is coming up next week. I should probably write myself a note because I'm sure it will fly by without me noticing it.

    I'm really glad I found your blog and I look forward to hanging out in blogosphere with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo. Happy Blog Birthday to you. Mine is tomorrow and I am shocked how fast the year has gone. Glad I found your blog and I love you new header too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! It's been much fun reading. And for those that haven't personally met you, I'll say it again. It's like talking to you in person. You write as you speak and it cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogoversary...I am so glad i stumbled upon you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogaversary! Mine is next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a lot of us starte blogs for the New Year in years past.

    Such a great way to start a New Year I think!

    Thank you all for the comment love...

    Right back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogoversary to you, happy blogoversary to you, happy blogoversary dear Saundraaaaaaaaa, happy blogoversary to yoooooooooooooooou!

    You've got style, spunk, and sass and I am so glad you found your way here. Good luck with the book. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey..that's my line! lol
    I feel the same way.
    My "touchables" don't get it either.
    lol Best of luck with your book,
    so glad you are blogging!
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey happy birthday Saundra!!! Here's to another wonderful year :)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming in late, but happy happy blogoversary to you! You are an awesome blogger who is a natural!!!
    I am so glad to have met you in this vast bloggy land! YAY

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.