Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Writer's Workshop

The Prompts:
1.) Tell us about a memorable blind date.
2.) Other than the birth of a child or your wedding, write about a joyous moment.
3.) Write about one of the most difficult decisions you have made in your life. (creativewritingprompts.com) 4.) Share the best picture you took last month and explain why it's your favorite.
***
I will write on a few Joyous Moments...
Other than the birth of my children, or the day of my fabulous wedding 16 years ago,
I am so happy to say I have had many a joyous moment in my lifetime.
Here they are... in no particular order.
1. My first kiss.
I was 15,
he was perfect, and I was elated.
I felt so lucky to have had my first kiss with someone
I was completely over the moon about.
I walked around in a fog for 3 days. It was our first and last kiss, he didn't live
in the U.S., but it was very memorable, and 25 years later...
I still get a little chill when I think back on it.
2. My first time stepping foot off the train in Grand Central Station, in New York City.
I was 19, alone, and thrilled.
I was staying with family 45 minutes away in Brewster, and I made reservations for myself to stay in the city for a few nights... all by myself.
I wanted to do, go, watch, experience the city the way I wanted to.
I met some awesome people during my stay.
It was thrilling being on my own, a young girl, the boobs still perky, long legs sans cellulite,
not a jiggle in them,short shorts, seeing that magnificent city.
3. Going to Europe alone too.
I know... I sound like such a loner... I wasn't... but I do enjoy being alone from time to time.
I went to stay with exchange students that had been staying with us for the past 3 summers,
and I decided to take them up on a visit.
I spent a month with 2, completely gorgeous Italian men and their families, enjoying the
sights and wine in France, Italy, and Switzerland.
I was 22, had just met Bill 3 months prior,
and was dating him when I took off on my journey.
My Mom and Dad assumed I would cancel my trip after meeting Bill
and knowing he was 'the one'... and I wasn't dumb...I knew...
even then, that we are only young once, and to seize the moment of opportunity.
Bill wasn't thrilled that I was still going, and I had even taken him along
with me to the airport to extend my stay a month before my trip!
I never asked Bill to come with me either.
I really wanted to go alone.
Sadly... I was faithful to Bill.
Yes, sadly... hey! I wasn't married! I should have taken the two boys up on their
offers... but I didn't. I was a good girl.
My one regret in life... lol!
Bill was NOT happy when he saw the pictures of the men and me in Venice, Pisa, Paris,
San Remo, Monaco etc...
When we all went to Italy as a family in 2006, he whispered in my ear on our flight from
Sicily to Rome, "Hey, bet you didn't go here with the two Italian hotties..."
I laughed out loud...he was still ouching from that trip... 14 years later, and he was trying to
'outdo' them! I loved it!!!
4. Seeing how much my hubby adores our kids, gets me all giddy inside.
Sharing a love that only parents can have for their kids, and seeing someone outside of yourself completely and totally in love with your children
is a totally overwhelming experience.
It is truly joyous to watch him, watch his kids.
When he thinks I am not looking, I see him tear up sometimes.
I see him catch his breath sometimes, because something they did made him lose his breath.
It is beautiful sharing that with someone.
I have had so many more joyous occasions..and these are just some...
Thank you for this trip down memory lane MamaKat.
I'm going to go daydream about my first kiss now...
and wear a smile all day long...

14 comments:

  1. I am jealous! I want to go to Europe! Its one of my dreams. What great joys you have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so blessed to have so many joyous moments to post about! Cuuuuute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! Your hubby was and is still is a little jealous...that's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome you've travled alone. You don't have to compromise and get you get to do whatever you want.

    I also love watching my husband with my son. He is the best dad ever (who knew now sexy that could be).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone is having great posts this week! Thank you for sharing your occasions :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great joyous moments. I'm envious of your solo trip to Europe. I wish I would have done that when I was young. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you for having the strength to travel alone. So many women don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU! I needed that!

    carole
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, just great. I love all of those. I remember the thrill of going places alone when I was young.... something wonderful about it! Freedom, independence....

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY Saundra! You are so lucky to have traveled when you did... Young, vibrant and hott!!! LOL
    I think you were brave and I admire your moxie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These were some great moments, The Europe trip sounded amazing! I also get all giddy about my husband with our children...how can you not! Great post..It brought a smile to my face to hear of such good times and fond memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You rock. How awesome that you did that for yourself. You have some handsome young men. I am going to hop on over to your other blog and see whats cooking....

    Coco

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, birds of a feather. I love travelling alone, Saundra. Never had a blind date so I can't comment. Unless if you count my husband...long story :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you enjoyed traveling alone. I think it's good to be comfortable with yourself and adventuresome enough to dare to travel alone. I traveled through much of Brazil by myself and loved it. I met so many nice people along the way. And since then, I've taken many trips by myself. I invite my husband to join me but he usually declines, so I go by myself and have a great time. I have a great time with him, too, but I don't mind being by myself.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.