Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is it time for bed yet?

Holy Moly.
It's days like today that make me melancholy for the days when my kids were
small, and needed to just be fed, changed, bathed and cuddled.
***
Today was Opening Ceremonies for our Little League, of which I am the Snack Bar Czar.
We were at the park at STUPID o clock... about 6:30 a.m. to set everything up.
We sold donuts, and cookies, and cake and coffee, and ... and... and....
Ugh...
Then I had to leave at 9:15 to take Will to his double header at school,
then home to UNset up the junk we took to the park...
then I had to have an anxiety attack because my backyard neighbors had their music blasting so loudly, my windows were shaking...
~~
And right now... in addition to my own three boys... I have two other boys over
for a sleep over.
They are sweet kids... I just don't handle sleepovers well. I get all bijiggety when I have someone elses kids in my house... my senses are even more heightened... I get
nervous having the added responsibility. Their SOMEONE elses loves of their lives...
I need to TAKE EXTRA CARE of them... and all that stuff.
I'm fine... I just don't sleep when I have other kids in the house.
I'm gonna LAUGH if Bill's snoring... which can be heard across the entire country,
keeps them all up. They are all sleeping on my L shaped couch and pull out bed. Only one room away from Sir Snores A Lot.
After tonight... I should get all kinds of sympathy from the boys.
MWHahahahahaha!
~~
Mama came over and colored my hair for me, and marched herself over to the backyard
neighbors house to give them a piece of her mind. The loud thumping "music" was just too much. It literally shook my house.
I am sooo done with them.
The sad thing is, the owner always takes in roommates, and they are all rude, obnoxious and
selfish. WE have to constantly retrain the new recruits to the neighborhood policy of keep your music and foul language to yourselves, yes even at 4 a.m.
They are such duffusses!
~~
I am so tired.
So tired of rude, inconsiderate, foul talking, selfish, beasts.
I will probably have to call the cops tonight...
We can't keep asking them to turn it down... and them not listening...
Happy Saturday.
I think I'm PMSing.

8 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm beat just reading about it all. We have one of those new, rude, inconsiderate, neighbors. I think it's his 1st home. It just means a backyard to party in to him though! Best of luck.
    Oh.. My Sir Snores A Lot is sawing logs beside me right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the address? I will load the van up and drive on over. Just letting my monsters walk up to their door to doorbell ditch them would be worth the drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that problem with the neighbors behind me but FINALLY their kids grew up and left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are the loud ones here, but NEVER at a late or early hour..and the "loud' is my P...singing
    to and with the birds...no foul language..ok not loudly in the backyard anyway..unless I'm chasing the ground hog out of my tomatoes,
    but MY neighbors SO "get" that. LOL
    Hope you feel better tonight. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sol sorry about the blaring music. I had to make a citizens arrest once in order to make my neighbor stop. Rude and inconsiderate people make me so angry. I hope you are resting and happy now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been pretty lucky in the neighbor department. I feel for you though.

    Totally get the kid's sleepover thing. I'm the same way. Although my son is not as into having sleepovers like my daughter was when he was her age. Holy moly. Every weekend with girls. And girls can chitter chatter and giggle (loudly) ALL NIGHT LONG! The boys, watch some movies, play electronics, eat, sleep. I can somewhat handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would totally call the cops. Call me a stick in the mud, but when I have two kids trying to sleep, I don't want to be hearing their crap music. Ugh!

    PS - I have done the refreshments tent at my brothers baseball tournaments before. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a busy day, just like the one I had on Saturday.

    Training neighbors is no easy task. The house next door to mine is empty and for sale. I dread new neighbors coming. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.