Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday... Monday...

Could not get out of bed this morning!
Slept in until 6:30.
Got my kidlets off to school...
and got a phone call that made me very sad.
My friend Mari's Dad passed away on Saturday night.
Yes, Andrea, that Mari. We both know her.
He has been fighting Leukemia for about 6 months now, and slipped into a coma last week.
If you are a praying person, please keep her family in your prayers.
They are a very close, tight knit family, and she adored her Daddy so.
It kind of puts things into perspective for me. I will be calling my own Daddy today... just to see how he is. I haven't been able to see him as often as I'd like because of the sports schedule... but will certainly make more time. I just want to give him a big squeeze and tell him how much I love him today.
Bill said he was going to call his own Dad too. We just saw him Wednesday, and already it seems like too long.
I think maybe families should live on the same street. I know, it would be hard at times, but so convenient! Don't you think?
"Mom! I wanna run away! I don't like living here anymore" Johnny when he was 4 yrs old
"Okay, Grandma is waiting... go! Here's your suitcase, darling!" If she lived down the street.
Well. I'm gonna end now. It just doesn't seem appropriate to me all jovial today.
I'll post later...
Have a wonderful day all, and
Call your parents and tell 'em you love 'em.
Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to have my parents live closer. My husband's parents do live literally down the street, and we love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going on 7 years since my dad died and it's still difficult. I hope she allows herself to grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kathy, I am so sorry.

    She is holding on well... thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.