Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Frenzy

I think Will comes home today!
He texted me 30 times last night explaining the pranks that were being played on him and the other freshman by the Seniors and the Coaches.
He was embarrassed that they woke him up, and yelled at him that he was missing practice, so he ran up, got dressed and ran out the door... they were all laughing.
I thought it was funny too.
I didn't coddle him... I told him to suck it up and laugh about it. It was all meant in good, clean fun, and he wasn't the only one being pranked. Every freshman got it one way or another, and I told him he will be able to do these things to some unsuspecting Freshman in a few years.
I've never been the type of Mama that gets all bent about my kids being embarrassed by regular life situations or stuff like that. It builds character. A little embarrassment goes a looooong way in conditioning a person for adult life and being able to handle sticky situations.
I come from the philosophy that if I don't make a big deal about it, they won't either.
Kind of like picky eaters. I believe they are made, not born. It just depends on the parents attitude on the matter.
I went off one time, a bit loudly, at a baseball game, when his coach was belittling him, quite loudly, and childishly teasing him while he was on the mound. THAT kind of hazing... I just won't stand for. He was putting down my son's character, and I just won't stand for that.
So anyway... Will hopefully will be home tonight.
I feel like one of my limbs has been missing all week.
***
My friend Mari came over for dinner and master planning meeting for our attack on Las Vegas for her 40th B-day in September. We tried booking Manilow and Midler tickets, but they are both dark when we are there, and are playing before and after we arrive.
BUMMER!
We are staying at our Timeshare on the strip, and it is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!
I booked our 2 bedroom suite, and it will be so luxurious.
I am really looking forward to the girl time.
What I WANT to do, is be silly. I want all of us to buy pointy sunglasses, wear head scarves, chew gum and wear disco ball sized earrings while driving there in a convertible, and talk in a New York accent with attitude!
I may have to do that myself, and embarrass all the rest of them.
I think I'll stay in character the entire stay.
I plan on using an British, Southern Belle and New York accent during our stay.
I have a whole theory about that when I travel... I'll have to post it someday... maybe tomorrow.
***
Tomorrow is our first Football Scrimmage and 2 Soccer games. Bill has to work, so I don't know how I am going to divide myself... but I'm sure I'll figure it out.
We women can do anything!
***
I hope your weekend is fantabulous!
I get my baby back... I'll be better when he gets home!
We'll see how long my being happy he is home lasts.
I give myself 2 1/2 minutes.
He is a teen after all.
I want him with me at all times... not necessarily talking.
Hee hee!

2 comments:

  1. Saundra, what time are the games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which, soccer or football?

    Email me in person instead of here... love.

    ReplyDelete

Comment! Comments! I just loooooove comments!
If you have a blog, I will come visit and comment on yours!!! I promise! No Anonymous comments though... if you can't play nice.. you can't play at all.